How to Clean and Maintain a Fabric Car Seat?
While taking care of the cleaning and maintenance of your vehicle, like everyone else, you may be missing some points. For you, it may consist of the brightness of the car cleaning paint and the pleasant smell of the interior. Have you ever thought about having your car seats serviced? This part of the cars is one of the most polluted areas because it is constantly sat on. It can be easy to remove any stains for those with leather seats, but since fabric car seats are more susceptible to stains, they need to be approached with caution. You don’t have to wait for stubborn stains to take care of the fabric seats in your car. In order to have a cleaner and more stylish interior appearance, you need to clean your seats regularly. So, what should be considered when cleaning a fabric car seat?
How to clean a fabric car seat?
Since fabric seats have a permeable feature, they need a quick intervention when a liquid is spilled on them or exposed to sticky stains. On the other hand, some chemicals can change the color of the fabric as well as disrupt its structure. For this reason, there are some rules to be considered when cleaning fabric sofas. Now let’s go over some tips for fabric car seat cleaning:
- Before you start a detailed cleaning for your seats, it is necessary to vacuum. You may need to use a suitable broom head for the best vacuuming of dust and crumbs accumulated in the seam areas.
- You can use spray cleaning materials to wipe your seats. However, you should make sure to use a fabric cleaner instead of a general cleaner. Otherwise, discoloration of the fabric may occur.
- You don’t need to be overly generous when spraying areas in need of cleaning. Because if more chemicals accumulate on the fabric than necessary, they may penetrate the cushions underneath and cause odor formation over time.
- With the help of a fabric brush, you can make stubborn stains easier to remove by making circular movements on the areas you spray. However, you need to be careful that the wires of the brush are not hard and thick; otherwise, you may cause the fabric to fray.
- You can wipe the dirty foam accumulated on the fabric seats with a micro fiber cloth. Make sure you get the suds directly while wiping, because if you massage the fabric, you may be sending the dirt back to the surface.
- After the cleaning process is over, you need to vacuum the seats again and leave them to dry for about 3-4 hours. It is also important to ventilate the vehicle as much as possible during this time.
You can also prepare some solutions at home with your own means for cleaning your fabric sofas. The most well-known of these is a mixture of laundry detergent and water. You can apply the above procedures by mixing the laundry detergent with hot water and transferring it to the spray bottle. Another way to remove stains from fabrics is a mixture of vinegar and water. It is possible to prepare an effective solution by mixing a glass of white vinegar, a few drops of dish soap and about 4 liters of hot water. If your fabric sofas have an odor problem besides stains, baking soda solution may be a good idea. After mixing 60 ml of baking soda with a quarter cup of water, you can leave the solution on stubborn stains. Then, it is possible to reach a solution by working on the stain with the help of a toothbrush. However, since such solutions do not give the same reaction on every fabric, you can obtain a much more precise and safe result by using one of the most suitable ready-made cleaners for your fabrics.
How to care for a fabric car seat?
Although fabric car seats are not as stylish as leather seats, they can create a perfect ambiance in the vehicle if the necessary maintenance is done. For this, regular maintenance is required after the seat cleaning. In order for your seats to be more well-maintained, the most important rule is to always be prepared for a possible staining. In order to prevent the penetration of any liquid spilled on the seat, it is necessary to have a cloth and fabric cleaner in your vehicle at all times. You can also remove instant stains with fabric cleaning wipes that you can easily obtain. By repeating fabric cleaning and maintenance every three months, you can both prevent the formation of bad odors and maintain the stylish appearance of your vehicle.